Tuesday, May 20

Last Saturday

I went to Batu Gajah. To the house where I lived for nearly five years after my parents divorced. The house of my paternal grandfather.

The original house

The house was real old and need repair. So we all chipped in to repair it. The work has started and it is looking ok so far. Soon the house will not look like the old one. The one where I grew up and play and study and plan mischievious schemes. Hahaha. The next picture is what the house in the process of repair looks like.


The house holds many memories. Good and bad. Happy and sad. Things changes. Going home to your "kampung" and see things that are not the same anymore seems to make it obvious that time is passing us by. All things are familiar and yet unfamiliar at the same time. Where the old tree that we climb used to be, there's a stump. But just looking at the stump brings back memories of climbing that tree. Memory is a powerful powerful thing. :)

When the house is finished, I will post a new picture.

4 comments:

opsiedaisy said...

Good that you have the before and after...my kampung house pictures should be somewhere...not that there's much change from the outside :-)

azabaz_ipoh said...

Yeah, I am glad I have a picture of the before because I did not expect the work to have started already when I went visiting last saturday. :) Post your kampung house. I will wait for it to pop up in your blog. :)

opsiedaisy said...

HHmmm.. it's not really a kampung house....atas papan and bawah batu :-) A modern & traditional combo :-P

azabaz_ipoh said...

well, in my books, any house that is in a kampung and is not surrounded with fence to separate one house to another is a kampung house. :)